What could earth sign Capricorn and fire sign Leo possibly have in common with each other?
Well, at first glance, these two signs of the zodiac couldn’t be more different. Honestly, it’s going to be a tough matchup if Leo and Capricorn can’t let go of their differences.
The good news is that both of these signs are crazy ambitious, which can be enough to sustain a relationship forever, whether you’re dating or just good friends.
Let’s see how Leo and Capricorn compatibility stacks up in love and in friendships.
Leo and Capricorn dating compatibility
Capricorn is super-logical and can come off a little cold, while Leo is extroverted, warm, and lively. On the surface, you couldn’t find a weirder pair.
The thing is, there are actually enough similarities between Capricorn and Leo — particularly because of how powerful they are — that they can make a ‘ship work for the long run.
Leo loves the thrill of the chase, so seeing quiet Capricorn off in the corner definitely attracts them. Leo can’t help but wonder, Why is Capricorn so mysterious? Capricorn, on the other hand, loves Leo’s energy and charm.
Leo and Capricorn are some of the most powerful, ambitious signs of the zodiac, so it makes sense that they could bond over their drive to succeed. Leo and Capricorn compatibility can also work out because:
- They’re devoted: Capricorn doesn’t take any important decisions lightly, so when they decide to get into a relationship, they’re committed. Leo is the most loyal sign of the zodiac, so this couple has eyes only for each other.
- They value security: Leo might be self-assured, but they do need a lot of attention from their partner. Capricorn’s dependability is a huge turn-on for Leo, while Capricorn values Leo’s energy.
- Ambition is encouraged: Both partners understand how important it is to succeed. They understand that long hours at work might be what it takes to reach their goals. Since both Leo and Capricorn are driven and determined, they’re able to support each other’s big dreams.
Ambition and intensity can only get you by for so long. Matchups between earth and fire signs can be tough, so there are a few cons of Leo and Capricorn compatibility, including:
- Practicality versus extravagance: Leo loves extravagance, but ultra-practical Capricorn isn’t a huge fan. Since Leo can be spontaneous and flashy, it can be a bit much for the more muted Capricorn.
- Expression: Capricorns aren’t up for mushy talks about their emotions. Even though they care for Leo very much, they usually keep their thoughts to themselves. Leo has trouble reigning in their emotions, so Capricorn’s subtlety might make them feel neglected.
- Socialization: Leo loves being in the limelight while Capricorn is happy to sit in the shadows. Socially, Capricorn is also much more cautious than Leo, which can make Leo feel bored.
View this post on Instagram
Leo and Capricorn friendship compatibility
Leo and Capricorn friendships work when the duo shares a common goal. They’re really good work friends and might even become “work spouses” because of their drive to succeed in their careers.
And when Leo and Capricorn share a goal, get out of the way. They’re going to work on it nonstop. Leo brings out Capricorn’s innate creativity while Capricorn keeps Leo more grounded and practical.
This friendship is mostly based on pushing each other to succeed, so it’s great in a work setting, but also if you want a gym buddy to hold you accountable.
Finding Common Ground
Leo and Capricorn compatibility isn’t the best, but it’s possible if they both give the relationship 110%. Leo and Capricorn have to let their differences go and focus instead on their shared ambitions. If they can do that, there should be enough common ground for them to grow together instead of apart.