Scorpio is a water sign (but a fiery one at that), while Aries is a stubborn fire sign. Sure, sometimes opposites attract, but in this case?
I’m not saying the relationship is impossible, but this duo is going to test each other.
When you get a Scorpion and a Ram together, they naturally want to duke it out. Both Scorpio and Aries are competitive by nature, just in different ways. Aries has no problem busting down doors and coming in guns blazing, while Scorpio (the eighth sign of the zodiac), takes a more low-key approach.
I’m not going to sugarcoat it: The dynamic between a Scorpio and an Aries can get frustrating because their brains are too much alike. But if you’re both willing to risk it for the biscuit, your similarities could pay off.
a scorpio and aries love language is chaos then cuddles
— eric esoteric (@plutonicmoon) May 6, 2021
Let’s look at how Scorpio and Aries compatibility stacks up in both dating and friendships.
Scorpio and Aries Dating Compatibility
In romantic relationships, Scorpios are fiercely loyal and protective. They’re deep thinkers — so much so that people half-joke that Scorpios are a little bit psychic.
Aries, on the other hand, is known for spontaneity. They live in the moment and don’t like planning for the future. Their insistent, impulsive nature can seem a little overwhelming, but honestly? That’s what makes Aries so much fun!
Aries will definitely keep Scorpio on their toes. The bad news is that usually means these two signs have a hard time getting along. Things are complicated, to say the least.
Aries is proud of their accomplishments and always has something to prove. They’re ambitious and motivated by challenges, while Scorpio is content with what they have and tries not to take the bait when challenged by others. This might make them seem less committed than an Aries, but it doesn’t mean they don’t care about the relationship or want to make it work.
These two signs are both very competitive and driven, so it’s a relationship of “me first!” that can erode over time. Scorpios tend to have a more low-key approach than Aries, which can be frustrating at times because they think too much alike. But this also means they understand each other better than most people, as long as they can look past their differences.
- Passion and drive: Look, Scorpio and Aries have a lot to sort out, but they’ve got the energy to dig in and have a successful relationship — as long as that’s what they really want.
- Depth: Aries is quick to act and slow to think (no offense), while Scorpio tends to take their time. If you put this duo together, it can equate to a balanced partnership that’s full of depth … as long as Aries can keep a lid on their temper, that is.
- Arguments: Scorpio might be a water sign, but they’re the most confrontational of all water signs. Mix that with hot-headed Aries and you’ve got a Fight of the Century, friends.
- Passivity versus action: Aries wants someone who will give as much as they take. To them, there isn’t any point in being in a relationship if one person is more invested than the other. They prefer someone who takes charge and makes decisions, which sometimes clashes with the passive approach of Scorpio.
- Different emotional needs: Scorpio needs a lot of emotional support from their partner to feel secure in a relationship. That isn’t a bad thing, but Aries isn’t always the most emotionally available sign, leaving Scorpio feeling unsupported and misunderstood.
Scorpio and Aries Friendship Compatibility
Are you and your BFF a Scorpio-Aries duo? Look out! Friendship can be a little rough for Scorpio and Aries, mostly because of each sign’s intensity.
Scorpio tends to be more introverted, while Aries is 100% extroverted. That can make for an exciting friendship where Aries pulls Scorpio out of their shell, but that might be a bit too much for the reclusive Scorpio over time.
Aries is always on the move, which might make them seem overly competitive to a Scorpio, who prefers to keep things more chill.
I’m not saying this friendship is doomed or anything, but you and your bestie will have to give each other grace to stay friends for the long haul. Balance each other out, let cooler heads prevail, and focus on what makes your friendship so special to ride out any petty arguments.
Real talk: This Scorpio & Aries combo is a tricky match
Scorpios are hard to get, period. They’re intense, mysterious, and hold their cards close to their chest. These folks don’t commit easily, either in romantic relationships or with friends. Extroverted Aries has a large friend group and is drawn to Scorpio’s intensity, but the two of them can burn each other out if they aren’t careful.
At the end of the day, many Scorpio-Aries matchups don’t work out, but it isn’t impossible. As long as both people acknowledge their strengths and weaknesses (and keep a lid on their emotions), this can evolve into a motivated, driven relationship that’s full of purpose.