Fortunately, a selfie makeup app can give you the pouty red lips, sexy eyes, and extra oomph without even picking up a brush.
Curious to see it in action?
Here are 5 ways you can use Facetune2’s selfie editor app to pump up the glam when you really did just roll out of bed. It’ll be our little secret.
1 – Mascara
Mascara makes your eyes look large, sexy, and mysterious. It draws your followers’ attention to the most important feature of your face, immediately engaging people for like-worthy selfies.
Get sexier eyes in Facetune2 by:
- Going to Makeup > Liner
- Magnifying your picture to focus on the eyes.
- Selecting your color and intensity.
- Using short strokes along the eyelid, flick your finger upwards to mimic the look of soft, delicate lashes. Repeat along the eyelid.
If you want a little extra somethin’-somethin’, go to Face > Eyes to increase the size of your eyes just a little.
2 – Add lipstick or eyeshadow
Honestly, lipstick makes an entire look come together. And the right eyeshadow accentuates your eye color and complexion.
But what do you do if you forgot lipstick today? Or if your eyeshadow isn’t doing you any favors?
Use Facetune2 to add both lipstick and eyeshadow to your selfie:
- For lipstick, go to Makeup > Blush. Choose your color and intensity. Magnify your photo over your lips and carefully add color.
- For eyeshadow, go to Makeup > Shadow. Choose your color and intensity and magnify the selfie yet again. Carefully add extra color to your eyelid.
And guess what? If it doesn’t look great, just tap the “Undo” button to choose a different shade. It’s way faster (and cheaper) than trying every shade under the sun at Sephora, right?
3 – Contouring
Contour sponge looking gross today? Don’t smudge that ish on your face, sister. Facetune2 lets you get the look of contouring without the pore-clogging cosmetics or dirty makeup sponges (we know you have a few lying around).
To contour yourself:
- In Facetune2, go to Makeup > Tones.
- Choose your desired tone and intensity. Swipe over the skin to highlight or add more color to your complexion.
If you want to remove extra shine, you can fix that with Smooth > Matte. You can also use Smooth for a photo-perfect finish over your contour job.
4 – Shimmery eyes and lips
Glitter looks badass in selfies. But in real life? It’s a damn mess. Plus, glitter eyeshadow or lipstick can irritate your skin if you wear it all day.
Oh, and don’t forget that you’ll still find glitter weeks after one application. Ugh. We love glitter, but when you just can’t deal with the responsibility of glitter, use Facetune2.
You can add a touch of shimmer to your eyes and lips by:
- Going to Makeup > Glitter.
- Choose your desired color and intensity. More intense looks are best for eyeshadow, while a lower intensity is good for lips.
Try to shoot for more subtle tones at first and increase the intensity as you go. A little sparkle adds that extra something to your selfie that draws more eyes and likes.
5 – Day to night eyeliner
So, you’ve put in the time to do your hair and makeup. But then you realize you want to do a selfie with a nighttime look. Instead of breaking out another shade of eyeliner, use Facetune2.
You can quickly add a darker liner (or a different color entirely) by:
- Going to Makeup > Liner.
- Magnifying your selfie to focus on one eye at a time.
- Selecting your color and intensity. Use darker, more intense colors for nighttime looks.
- Carefully trace the line of your eye to add a liner. Do the same to the top and bottom of your eye if you want.
If you want to try something different with your eyes, you can change their color (without contact lenses!) using the Eyes feature.
The bottom line re: digital makeup apps
Selfies truly are an art. Your body is a canvas for beautiful things, but whether you forgot makeup, don’t feel like getting dolled up, or applied the wrong shade IRL, Facetune2 can be your very own digital makeup app to make it easy to do better selfies.