In today's world, we crave simplicity and we don’t have time for overly long or overly complex captions. Simple selfie captions = saves time reading and writing.
Because, yeah, sure, writing long captions is certainly time-consuming, but even reading them can be a bit of a bore when you’re just looking to get your scroll on.
Next time you’re on the hunt for selfie captions that are simple and straight to the point, try out some of these winners. Your followers can thank me later.
Our 10 Most Favorite, Simple Captions for Selfies
- *Use only an emoji* Bonus points if you utilize multiple emojis to convey a whole sentence. I mean, using a heart and a smile emoji is cute, but if you manage to work in an octopus and an airplane into your caption, well then color me impressed.
- Keepin’ it real since [insert year of birth]
- Hot husband and cute lil babies - Keep it simple by describing exactly who’s in your Instagram selfie like Lauren Lane did.
- Family swim night - Similar to the example above, rather than describing who is in the picture, you can describe what you’re doing in the picture as Rachel Parcell did.
- The vibes tho - Simplicity courtesy of Mrs. Charli D’Amelio.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFC6WATjNsZ/ (post have been removed)
- Me. - Can’t get much simpler, my friends.
- #tbt - Everyone loves a good throwback, but rather than sharing your whole life story (#yawn), keep it simple with a hashtag that sums it up.
- [no caption] When you have 20 million followers, like Loren Grey, you can get away with posting a picture with no caption. But hey, even if you’re not racking in the influencers dollars, if you have a pic that you know makes a statement all on its own, considering posting it with no caption. It’s bold, simple, and to be honest, just kind of badass.
- Going through old pics and found this little gem - Taking notes from the Queen of The Selfie herself, Kylie Jenner shows us how to play it cool when it comes to our selfie game. Use the caption to give off an indifferent tone (“This little selfie? Oh I just happen to find this on my phone”...Okay, Kylie, okay).
https://www.instagram.com/p/CE2ZJH6nlSt/ (post have been removed)
- Did my makeup n stuff - Similar to her sister, Kendall Jenner also uses that cool, casual tone (“Oh this makeup? Yeah, I just happen to throw it on today and just happen to take this serious glam shot” Okay, Kendall, okay).
Moral of the story here: You don’t need to be the next Tolstoy with your Instagram caption. Keep your selfie caption simple and you’ll reap the rewards (and sound a lot cooler tbh).