Back when Instagram was new, you would just snap a pic of yourself and share it right away. If you were fancy, you might put the trusty old Valencia filter on it or amp up the brightness and contrast. But that was it for editing your photos before sharing them.
Nowadays, there are more editing apps than ever. People can create and sell pre-sets for huge amounts of money, and we all spend a massive amount of time editing, filtering, and re-lighting images to curate an Instagram feed. It's all about the editing.
Which is great ... if you know how to edit. If you've got a creative eye for those kinds of details, you can take an average photo and make it look incredible. But editing photos is hugely daunting for people who aren't creative or don't know how to edit. If you've ever over-brightened an image, you know how genuinely terrible an edited photo can look.
Luckily, technology is advancing, and we should all say a huge "thank you!" to whoever created auto-editing.
Auto-editing is truly magical. It's also literally magical — in Facetune, you'll find it under the magic wand image. Just tap the magic wand and let the app do all the hard work for you.
It's a game-changer for anyone who wants to edit a photo in seconds. Here's the only editing expertise you need to have!
1) Open the photo you want to edit in Facetune.
2) In the bottom menu bar, select the Retouch function.
3) Then choose the magic wand Auto tool.
4) You can stop there for an easy, natural finish. However, if you want to take it a step further, Facetune gives you the option to do a second edit. Go back to the main menu (making sure you save your work so far). Scroll along the bottom and select the Touch Up tool.
5) Again, here you can choose the auto-edit feature. Select the Auto magic wand tool and let the magic happen.
6) Save your work and post it online!
Super quick, straightforward, and easy! If you've ever over-edited a picture or just don't know where to start, the magic wand tool is your new best friend.
The ability to get a great, Insta-ready photo is at your fingertips, and in the race to have the best social media, you can always be one step ahead.