Scorpios are known for being a little … spicy in their relationships, which is surprising for a water sign. But when Scorpio gets together with Earth sign Virgo, it works!
They're both independent AF, strong-willed (cough-stubborn-cough), and logical. While Virgo and Scorpio share a strong bond, they can get really competitive with each other, so this definitely makes for a passionate — if a little dramatic — relationship that can stand the test of time.
It takes patience to overcome the ferocity of these two signs, but Scorpio and Virgo compatibility usually balances out in the end. Curious how the celestial Scorpion and Virgin stack up? Let's see how Scorpio and Virgo compatibility works in terms of dating and friendships.
Scorpio and Virgo Dating Compatibility
As an Earth sign, Virgo is known for being nitpicky. They definitely look at the details, which would drive most people crazy. But perfection-loving Scorpio agrees with Virgo's worldview, so it works!
Virgos take long-term relationships seriously, so they might hold off on saying those three little words until they're sure. However, once they know that Scorpio is The One, Virgo has no problem giving Scorpio the attention and security they crave in relationships.
And that's good, because Scorpio is looking for a ride-or-die kind of love. They want to stay committed to their partner no matter what. They're willing to forgive anything hurtful Virgo might say because breaking up isn't really Scorpio's thing.
Both signs are very logical, but Scorpio's aloof nature is going to bother Virgo. Virgo will ask Scorpio what's wrong, which invites introverted Scorpio to share their feelings. Scorpio will always be a little secretive and mysterious, but Virgo's practical nature makes Scorpio more open.
#Scorpio is attracted to anything secret, dark, and mysterious, including the hidden or dark side of people.
— ScorpioMystique (@ScorpioMystique) May 30, 2012
There's a lot to love with this matchup. Scorpio and Virgo connect physically, but they also share a lot of traits that make them a real-life #PowerCouple.
- Physical connection: Good sex is never a bad thing, right? Both Scorpio and Virgo like to keep things steamy in the bedroom, although this is more of a sensual connection than just a physical one.
- Great communication: Both Scorpio and Virgo are very blunt. They don't want to play games, which is a good thing! This relationship brings on a lot of deep, meaningful conversations that cause both parties to fall deeply in love.
- Shared perfectionism: Normally perfectionism would be a bad thing, but not for Scorpio and Virgo compatibility. Virgo has high standards, and they can come off as critical. Fortunately for Virgo, Scorpio has high standards, too. Together, they raise the bar while holding each other accountable.
Look, we're dealing with two stubborn signs here. There's going to be some tug-of-war between Scorpio and Virgo, because this duo holds tight to their opinions and doesn't like change.
- Money struggles: This probably won't show up during a first date, but Scorpio and Virgo tend to butt heads on practical things like money. As an Earth sign, Virgo is very concerned about money, so they tend to buy cheaper stuff that's practical. Scorpio, on the other hand, likes the finer things and isn't afraid to put their money where their mouth is. If they want a long-term partnership, Scorpio and Virgo will have to find a way to keep their finances in check.
- Independence: Virgo is a mutable sign, which means they crave change. Since Scorpio is a fixed sign that hates change in all of its forms, this is going to cause tension. Upfront commitment is tough for Virgo, so Scorpio might struggle with that in the early days of dating. Scorpio will need to trust Virgo's intentions and allow them to explore the relationship. Otherwise, Virgo will feel smothered by Scorpio's jealousy.
Scorpio and Virgo Friendship Compatibility
Scorpio and Virgo make for a strong romantic couple, but they also make for great friends! Yeah, they're both stubborn, so they're probably going to have disagreements, but it's always over small, unimportant stuff.
Scorpio and Virgo friendship compatibility is off the charts because they aren't afraid to share deep feelings. This is the kind of friendship where you stay in, binge a Netflix documentary until 2 a.m., and share your deepest hopes for the future.
Both Scorpio and Virgo commit to relationships once they find their favorite human, so if this is you and your BFF, congratulations: You've found a best friend who will follow you to the nursing home in your golden years.
Scorpios & Virgos... Serious love for serious people
Scorpio and Virgo are known for being particular about their relationships — but that just means they take things seriously. Whether it's romance or friendship, Scorpio and Virgo compatibility is off the charts.
Things aren't perfect, of course. This duo will need to work through Scorpio's intense jealousy and Virgo's need for independence. If you both can let go, enjoy the ride, and support each other, you'll be able to overcome your differences and enjoy a relationship that lasts.